Tuesday 13 August 2013

Drawing - An Unusual Telephone

"Dial '0' for operator..."
Having been away from home for the past week, I've done plenty of consuming. I've kept this limited to books of both fiction and non-fiction. Expect some blog posts on those in the future. But it highlighted the difficulty in motivating myself to do something creative.

Plenty of excuses abound, I finally sat myself down this morning, embracing the philosophy of this blog that nothing need be of any quality - I just have to do it! And so I started drawing. This was quite the cathartic experience, I haven't done any drawing for years!

This telephone is one belonging to my Dad. He worked in the Royal Air Force and at one point was working a joint operation with a group of Russians. The Russians were to be limited in what they could or couldn't have access to and this included certain phone - numbers.... The solution? Phone's with all the buttons removed! Absolutely fascinating.

Signature and date - I'm a pro!
I bought a 99p set of colouring pencils from a hardware store and this had a limiting effect on my choice of shades. I'm happy anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment