Wednesday 31 July 2013

I've created a blog

I'm nearly done with these introductory, slightly meta posts. I'll soon progress into posts of actual substance for the time being I am just getting into the swing of things!

So this is a post about creativity, and about creating this blog.
send in your complaints to this address...
Too many memes already?
I mentioned in my previous post that I have had a blog in the past, it was during my teen years and was quite the sight to behold. Questionnaires, attempts at poetry, bitching and moaning to my friends and making claims to not be as angst-ridden as I thought I was. It died a death as friends migrated to Myspace and then Facebook.

It's been a long time since I've done anything you could call personal or creating writing, certainly nothing longer than a Facebook post or twitter update. It is something that given enough time I could perhaps enjoy more for the pleasure of writing it, rather than what it might tend to be, which is for the pleasure of receiving views and comments. I hope that will be the case.

I have not done much in regards to the template for the blog or gone to much effort being 'creative' in formatting or such - I know that procrastination trap and it has caught me on other personal projects. It is easier to do the superficial and time-consuming tasks (which font, what size, green or azure?) than it is to just get started on the real meaty stuff.

A bit of self-awareness helps me know my own weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment